Get a stripped-down copy of this page.
Colossians is a "circular" epistle, one that likely was addressed in its original form to several churches with similar basic needs. On the authorship of Colossians, see here.
- Colossians 1:15-18
- On this passage as related to the identity and eternality of Christ
- Colossians 1:23
- If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven... Is Paul suffering "megalomania" inasmuch as the gospel had not been preached around the world at this point? No: The point of the hyperbole is that the gospel has been widely proclaimed and is an open, public message, in contrast to the false teachings of the Colossian heretics, which involved a Gnostic-like claim that only select men were given the right teachings, and that in secret.
- Colossians 2:2-3
- If this is true, what about Solomon?
- Colossians 2:8
- Is this verse "anti-learning"?
- Colossians 2:20-2
- Was Paul a Gnostic?
- Colossians 3:25
- Does God play favorites or not?