Get a stripped-down copy of this page.
- Lamb, John
- Review of Not in His Image.
- Lancaster, Thomas
- Review of Restoration.
- Ledo, Michael
- Author of Bible Bloopers. So off base that I have moved reply to my parody site, tektoonics.com.
- Leedom, Timothy
- Editor of The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You to Read.
- Review of The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You to Read.
- Lenaire, Gary
- Former Christian musician. Analysis here.
- Liberated Christians
- Putative Christian site that promotes free sex.
- Lightning Rods
- Can the church be faulted for opposing the use of lightning rods?
- Some say that this was Adam's first wife, but the news is that they're using sources too late to be respected. The Anchor Bible Dictionary notes these facts: "Lilith" comes from an Akkadian word lilitu, which was used of lesser deities in Mesopotamia. Proponents of the "Adam's wife" theory sometimes appeal to a use of the word in the Sumerian Gilgamesh epic, and in a first-century Syrian incantation for Arshlan-Tash, but neither of these is taken by scholars to refer to a personal being named Lilith. In the Talmud, a much later source than Gesnsis (!), Lilith is descrobed as a woman with long hair and wings, and as a demon in Mandeac bowl inscriptions. The idea of Lilith as Adam's wife is the product of medieval Jewish material.
- Limited Atonement
- The L in TULIP. I sort of agree with this petal, though maybe not in the way typical TULIPers would.
- Within Limits -- a somewhat positive finding for the doctrine of limited atonement
- Lindsey, Hal
- Profile in March-April 2009 E-Block.
- Lobdell, William
- Review of Losing My Religion in March-April 2009 E-Block.
- Loftus, John
- Author of From Minister to Honest Doubter. Honest? Not really.
- Lomas, Christopher
- Review of The Hiram Key
- Long, Jason
- Author of Biblical Nonsense. His doctorate is in pharmacy, not Biblical scholarship.
- "Lord, Liar or Lunatic"
- The "Lord, Liar or Lunatic" argument defended.
- "Lost Books" of the Bible
- "Lost Tribes" of Israel
- Are the "lost tribes" actually last?
- Lowder, Jeffrey Jay
- Past president and founder of the Secular Web's Internet Infidels.
- Lucado, Max
- Popular pastoral author. Evaluation in March 2010 E-Block [Request Back Issue]
- Ludemann, Gerd
- Review of The Great Deception
- Review of The Resurrection of Christ
- Lynch, John
- Skeptic of some confidence who sent me a "Top Ten" list of reasons he didn't believe. Some discussion here.