Get a stripped-down copy of this page.
Leviticus is a manual for priests explaining how to perform their duties. For some of the laws in Leviticus and their purpose? Check here for cultural understanding. There is an interesting item about scientific foreknowledge in the Bible, by one of our readers, here.
- Leviticus 7:26-7
- Does this verse support the Jehovah's Witnesses' doctrine against blood transfusion?
- Leviticus 8:3-4
- "How did Moses speak to 'all Israel'?? That's over 2 million people!"
- Leviticus 11:5-6
- Leviticus 11:19
- Leviticus 11:21-23
- Is the Bible wrong about insects having four feet?
- Leviticus 12:2-3
- Does this say that women produce semen?
- Leviticus 15:24, 20:18
- What is the penalty for sexual relations during menstruation? 15:24 says a man will be unclean for seven days; 20:18 says both man and woman will be cut off from the people. However, the context for 15:24 is set by 15:19: "And if a woman have an issue..." The matter is conditional, whereas in 20:18 it is in the context of intentional relations (as incest). 15:24 refers to an incident that happens when menstruation is unexpected, whereas 20:18 refers to sexual relations at a time when it is known to be happening.
- Leviticus 17:11
- Do Christians misunderstand the Jewish principles of atonement?
- Leviticus 17:15
- Is the law contradictory about eating carrion?
- Leviticus 18:22, 20:13
- Does Leviticus condemn homosexuality?
- Leviticus 19:28
- Silly complaint: "Why does God care so much about tattoos???"
- Leviticus 21:21-2
- On excrement disposal
- Leviticus 24:17
- How can God punish killing, yet order and perform so many killings? -- an exegesis of this famous command.
- Leviticus 25:17
- Fear God, or not?
- Leviticus 26:24
- Does this passage endorse cannibalism?